Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Marriage is a Sacred Union



When I say that marriage is a sacred union, I mean it be between a man and a woman. I have experienced my shares of let downs of having high expectations in my marriage. How I should be treated or how things should go. It wasn't until Pastor Larry's sermons on conflict that it brought it to my attention that I won't have that perfect marriage, and a lot of us don't. The thing that is important is that we include God in our marriage ALWAYS....I am going to get transparent here, I have come from a broken home, and seeing my parents never get along and seeing my mother always cry and hide and push away those that love her, did something to me. I have noticed that when I am hurt I tend to do the same thing. My husband and I have been married will be 13 years this August and we have been through our shares of fights, disagreements, sorrows, happiness, laughter, adventures and many other experiences. God has something major in store for not only he and I, for Micah as well. Sometimes the things that set us off are petty things, well Monday we had a disagreement on how to punish our son for his behavior in school, it could have been dealt with in a calm matter but there were voices raised and luckily Micah was outside when all this was taken place. I don't say this to brag about our fight, I say this because the enemy tried to divide our family and break that cord that is being held together by God and the enemy doesn't want us to succeed and he's not happy that we have some awesome things in store. It wasn't until that night late that I realized that it is what it was. An attack. 
       I want to encourage married couples out there to be on guard, because God has something for all of us and he wants us to be happy, the enemy clearly doesn't, why do you think he's' trying so hard to bring destruction? Because he doesn't want us to go forward into the kingdom. The thing that ticked me off about this, was that our son who's nine was being used as the pawn and I didn't realize that till a dear friend pointed that out to me today. That was when I figured you know what, I am not going to give the enemy that kind of satisfaction, So I texted my husband and apologized even though I didn't feel I was wrong, I want there to be peace in our home, I am getting tired of allowing the enemy to win.
   My point to all this is to pray, don't give up, NO Matter what, now if your in a dangerous marriage or situation then you need to get out. But I am talking about those that are going through a spiritual war/fight, its not us that we are fighting with, its the darkness that we have some how managed to allow in our lives. I want to encourage you that, it will get better, I know that it won't be over night, but I know with prayer and support from others, it will. I just don't want to have a marriage like my parents had. I want our son to feel safe and secure and not have to grow up wondering if his mommy or daddy are going to fight, or leave and never come back. THAT will never happen, for a few days yes, but not to the point where we aren't going to be here. It is ok to get out and clear your heads, its not ok to leave without explanation, when all said and done, There needs to be forgiveness. My motto is if God could send his son down here to be beaten, flogged and mocked and then die for me and my sins. Then I can forgive, God gives me grace EVERY single day, Especially when I don't deserve it. That is why God loves us, James 4:6 says "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble." It's in our humility that he gives us grace. I will admit, I am very prideful in areas. I don't want to be, i want to be humble and say no matter what God I want to always do the right thing. Forgiveness and Grace are two factors in a marriage. Don't EVER EVER go to bed upset or angry, I want to tell from experience it doesn't feel well waking up and feeling remorseful and upset. I am one to admit I tend to hang onto grudges, I am doing better at that. I want to be who God designed me to be and that is a forgiving person and a person who can offer grace no matter the circumstances.

No comments: